Accueil

Le petit et le grand patrimoine bâti

Mirwart Castle

rue du Chteau
6870 Mirwart



Description

The famous Cantatorium, chronicle of the Saint-Hubert abbey, tells us that in 955, a castle was built on the bank of the river Lhomme, two leagues (6 miles) away from Saint-Hubert. This fortified building, which for many centuries was very modest, had a turbulent history. Constructions followed one another until the present building, built between 1706 and 1734. Throughout seven centuries, this defensive building knew many unhappy hours.




Geographic situation